Coco: I still haven’t tried to make this yet but I love Okra and I love cookies.. what could go wrong?
Cupcake Project | April 5, 2011 by Stef
Yield: 12 large cookies
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1/2 C unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark or light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1 arge egg
- 1 cup oats old fashioned or quick (not instant)
- 3/4 cup pulverized raw okra (okra that’s been chopped and food processed so it looks like chunky guacamole – I pulverized part of a defrosted bag of frozen okra)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, and fennel. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the oats and okra.
- Scoop approximately 1/4 cup balls of batter onto a Silpat or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Place 6 balls to a sheet and bake one sheet at a time on the center rack for 18 minutes.