Coco: Michelle made this for Thanksgiving potluck at our office. Anthony said he will have dreams of this hot chocolate.
Little Spice Jar | December 2014 by Marzia
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 4 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate (not chocolate chips)
- 1/2 can (7 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 4 cups (1 quart) whole milk (2% or skim is also fine)
In a small bowl combine the hot water and the cocoa powder, stir until smooth.
In the base of the slow cooker, add the bittersweet chocolate, condensed milk, cinnamon stick, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, chili powder, whole milk, along with the cocoa powder mixture. Heat on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
Serve warm with marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or chocolate shavings.