Coco: This is *so far* my favorite dish to make! I pretty much follow the recipe fully, but I like to use Emeril’s Roasted Gaaahlic Sauce! So far I have made it for my parents and my boyfriend, but I hope to introduce it to more people in the future. It is super delicious and will definitely impress any guest!
Undressed Skeleton | May 2013 by Taralynn McNitt
- 2 Large Bell Peppers (Washed & cut into strips)
- 1 Large Vidalia Onion (Washed & cut into strips)
- 1 Box Penne Rigate Noodles
- Jar 25.5 + Oz Garlic Roasted Spaghetti Sauce (I use Muir Glen)
- Package Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Cups of Sliced Polska Kielbasa
- 1 Cup Shredded (Not Grated) Parmesan Cheese
- Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Boil noodles and drain water.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a frying pan cook kielbasa in olive oil over medium-high heat. When the kielbasa starts to brown, remove from the pan and do not clean.
Add peppers and onions to the frying pan, saute them in the same oil used for the kielbasa. This will give the vegetables the perfect flavor.
Mix spaghetti sauce, sauteed onions, peppers, kielbasa, and Parmesan cheese with the boiled noodles.
Spray a large oven-safe dish with organic cooking spray and add the pasta.
Sprinkle basil on top.
Top the pasta dish with the bag of mozzarella cheese.
Bake until the cheese is fully melted and slightly browned.
Serve with garlic bread & Ceasar salad!